Thames Management Resources is based in Illinois – so we have our days and weeks where you just have to hunker down and wait out sub-zero temperatures and many, many inches of snow.
This was one of those weeks and what’s better to talk about when stuck indoors than movies? Lifehack.org sent out a list last week that should interest any business owner – “10 movies you need to watch to be more successful.”
- Fight Club – how to free yourself from the shackles of modern life to risk being great.
- Pumping Iron – how to capture the power of self-belief.
- The Secret – how to improve your life by changing your mental attitude.
- The Social Network – how to feel deserving of success.
- Yes Man – how to be open to opportunities.
- Limitless – how to stop procrastinating.
- The Wolf of Wall Street – how to aim for finer things.
- The Words – how to do the best with what you have.
- In Pursuit of Happyness – how to not allow circumstances destroy your dreams.
- Good Will Hunting – how to trust in your own competence.
I’m not the biggest movie guy. I’ve watched four of the 10 so I have some catching up to do. A movie that should be added to the list is Ocean’s Eleven. That movie perfectly illustrates how to work together as a team, delegate and deal with unforeseen circumstances.
Have a happy winter.
— Brian McIntyre